sustainability statement 

at SQUISHO our main priority is that our products are as sustainable, eco-friendly and ethical as possible. we are consciously trying to minimise waste and opt for better packaging and product choices. we’re not perfect and there are still many areas of improvement that we will work on for the future.

below you can find more of a breakdown of the materials we use and how we are doing our bit to reduce waste and become more sustainable. 

if you have any specific questions please get in touch at hello@shopsquisho.com

adults and kids clothing 

our adult and kids clothing range is manufactured by an amazing company who respect both the people and the planet that: 

  • produce high quality garments in the most responsible and ethical way that you and I are proud to wear

  • source only the best raw materials, grown or produced in ways that do not harm people, animals or the environment

  • exclusively use 100% GOTS certified organic cotton from India and recycled polyester from China

  • are certified by various independent bodies and standards, such as Global Recycled Standard, Global Organic Textile Standard, Textile Exchange Organic Content Standard, Fair Ware Foundation and Vegan approved by PETA. 

 

our super soft hoodies and sweatshirts are made from 85% organic ring-spun combed cotton and 15% recycled polyester

 

our t-shirts are made from 100% organic ring-spun combed cotton

 

baby clothing

our baby clothing range is manufactured by another amazing company who:

  • aim to prove it is possible to produce clothing without any detrimental effects to the Earth, its inhabitants – whether they be animals, plants or people – or to its climate

  • produce clothing solely using sustainable energy generated from wind and solar power, to take action on climate change within the fashion industry

  • do not transport their goods by air, only container shipped and therefore reduce their carbon footprint massively

  • are certified by various independent bodies and standards, such as Global Organic Textile Standard, Soil Association, Fair Ware Foundation and Vegan approved by PETA.

 

our baby t-shirts are made from 100% certified organic cotton interlock

tote bags and pouches

our regular tote bags and pouches are:

  • made of 80% recycled cotton and 20% recycled polyester. 

  • vegan approved by PETA.

  • ethical approved by the Fair Ware Foundation.

  • certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard.

greeting cards

the company we source our greeting cards from are committed to reducing their impact on the environment by:

  • promoting ‘green’ products where possible

  • reducing waste and investing in technology that saves paper

  • recycling - 95% of waste is manufactured back into recycled products and the remaining 5% is converted into Refuse Derived Fuel

  • improving their eco-friendly range and actively reducing plastic in our packaging 

 

our greeting cards are made from 100% sustainably certified recycled fibres and come with environmentally friendly brown recycled envelopes. we have opted against packaging in cellophane bags to reduce our plastic use. 

 

packaging 

to get your order to you safely, we have sourced 100% recycled and recyclable polythene mailing bags. for smaller orders such as greeting cards, they are sent in brown recycled board backed envelopes to ensure they are not damaged during delivery.

 

your products will be wrapped in acid free tissue paper, which is compostable and will not release harmful chemicals as is decomposes. topped off with a little sticker that is made from wood-free pulp, solvent-free adhesive and is totally chlorine-free. we’ll also include a little thank you card, sourced from the same company as our awesome greeting cards, which are made from 100% sustainably certified recycled fibres.

 

it’s important that we all do our part to help our planet and we’ve definitely made some steps in the right direction, thank you for reading!

 

​SQUISHO x